According to a release today from Verizon …
The update addresses call quality, battery life and better camera usage- just to name a few.
The updates seem to be sparingly released, but they’re coming. Keep an eye on your DROID…
“We began pushing the update to the Droid by Motorola yesterday to a small percentage of handsets so consumers are beginning to see the alert on their handset. The process is being done in phases and the numbers of handset that receive the update will increase gradually over the next week or so. It is identified as ESD56 and includes enhancements to the phone.”
Changes in the latest release are:
- OS stability is improved.
- Battery life is improved.
- Camera auto focus functionality is improved, and time between shots is reduced.
- Enhancements for three-way calling.
- Audio for incoming calls is improved.
- When receiving a call on call waiting, the speakerphone now remains on.
- Bluetooth functionality is improved; background echo is eliminated.
- Improved Bluetooth phone book transfer of contacts to in-vehicle Bluetooth solutions.
- After closing a GPS application, the GPS icon will now automatically be removed from the notification panel.
- Users can now receive SMS and MMS messages after an EMS message is received.
- SMS and MMS may now be sent to seven-digit addresses.
- Google contact merging has been updated to accommodate seven-digit numbers.
- Visual Voice Mail notices now arrive instantaneously.
- The corporate calendar widget user interface is updated.
- After your update; chime in… is it working better for you?